TOP 10 CALL CENTER JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (Part II)

by Call Center Gal on March 24, 2008

In my previous post about this topic, I mentioned the first four questions that an interviewer usually asks when you apply in a call center. You verified how some answers might ruin your chances of acing the call center job interview. Let’s continue with the next set of questions.

5. Explain how you would be an asset to the organization

Call center applicant: “I can be the best call center agent in three months time.”

Common mistake: Overconfident answer

Unless you know how you can advance your career in the company, statements like the given example will blow your chance of getting the job.

Call center gal tip: Explain what you can honestly (and specifically) do to help the company achieve its goals.

6. Why should we hire you

Call center applicant: “Because I can be an asset to your organization.”

Call center applicant: “Because I can be the best agent in your company.”

Common mistake: Giving vague answers

Call center gal tip: Although you wanted to stress that you are the best candidate for this position, you still need to provide realistic answers in this question. Tell them how your specific positive work attitudes can help you to be a better call center employee, say, after three months. Remember that in my previous post I encouraged you to use the company’s public resources like websites, flyers, pamphlets and other marketing collaterals. Those materials usually carry public information about the company like the list of trainings and certifications they provide as well as opportunities to go up the corporate ladder. Use those information as a reference so you can provide realistic yet conservative answers in this question.

7. Tell me about a suggestion you have made

Call center applicant: “I was assigned to be the head of a marketing project in my previous company. I found out that my subordinates were not as hardworking as I. We hardly met deadlines because of that. I was so stressed that I gave them an ultimatum. Either they meet deadlines or leave my group instead.”

Call center applicant: “Because I can be the best agent in your company.”

Common mistake: Giving a hint that you alone can provide good suggestions.

Call center gal tip: This is a question meant to check on how you work well in a group. This is the usual setup in call center companies. Whether you work as an agent, coach, quality assurance analyst, real time analyst, trainer, supervisor, manager and even when you include other positions in the ranks, you will always be a part of a certain group, team, division or department. This question asks you to reveal how you contribute your skills to attain team goals.

Please check the following questions to serve as a guide on how you should answer this question.

What kind of approach were you using when given a chance to do collaborative work? Was it authoritative, authoritarian or diplomatic?

Were you always assigned to be the leader of the group or you still find it productive to wear the hat of a member?

Why were you asked to provide suggestions?

What was the situation that made you suggest something?

What is the purpose of your suggestion?

Did anyone from the group disapprove of your suggestion? What did you do?

What was the effect of your suggestion?

Thanks for reading the second post of this three-part series. Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Please click Call Center Job Interview Questions Part I if you missed the first part of this post and Call Center Job Interview Questions Part III to continue reading this three part series in my call center blog.

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 98 comments… read them below or add one }

berna November 18, 2008 at 5:38 am

it realy help us!!thnk you so much for this site!!more power!!i realy get my job as a call center agent!!hope that!!this site will never be erase!!!thx a lot!!

admin November 21, 2008 at 9:25 am

Hi Berna,

Thats great! I’m happy for you! ;)
I’ll come up with more posts like this to guide you on your call center career! Spread the word!

gemalyn April 5, 2009 at 10:19 am

I have an interview on April 8, 11am at NCO Call center. I prayed that I will pass the interview…

Lyle April 5, 2009 at 11:47 am

I don’t know that they are that particular in checking your answers. Anyway, that’s call center, maybe they are very strict in hiring employees.

chA May 1, 2009 at 4:35 am

this tips on how we shud answer the interview ques. is very helpful for those hu aspires to be a call center agent esp. to me hu was just a fresh grad and wanted to get a job at the age of 18.. thanks a lot for this site!more power!

bethsy June 9, 2009 at 2:57 pm

hello there… thank you so much its a big help if i could pass the call center and ive got a work i will really appreciate it and big thank you! atleast i have an idea already and i wont be nervous.

rolly July 21, 2009 at 7:40 am

hi im a computer science student and i hope to graduate this year; i always visit the site to learn some technique about the job interview…thanks for your informative solutions; hope that the will give more service to the user like me.. thank a lot and God bless!!!

fits gerald October 12, 2009 at 11:45 am

THANKS FOR THE TIPS THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US…

gaurav kumar November 3, 2009 at 6:04 am

hello my dear friend now i felling happy for visit on your’s website
i want a good job in the bpo so i will try for the job……

geraldine January 14, 2010 at 8:53 am

hi every one i hope some day I will have good job

call centers philippines May 6, 2010 at 8:15 am

What a great post! This will surely help those who have interviews in call enter companies. Thanks for sharing these questions and correcting the common mistakes of the applicants. Very informative blog!

gilbert May 21, 2010 at 5:18 pm

again thanks a lot

may glad g. cuizon June 2, 2010 at 4:15 pm

thank you again, i learn something how to be humble to myself

Jace June 17, 2010 at 9:43 am

Nice… thank you admin for the tips and info…. Hope that it will help me for my interview tomorrow…..

john July 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

ahm tnx 4 the guidelines…….. it’s a big help 4 me…. i hope i get the jop :p

jeremaih mallari August 3, 2010 at 4:34 am

thx ths site i h0pe to get an idea on how to pass interview in call center agent..tnx a lot..more power.!

norie August 11, 2010 at 9:55 am

tnx 4 d tips! Im sure it will help me finding a job so0n.. More power to u!

maricor colantro August 18, 2010 at 6:53 am

yesterday I applied 2 call center companies but i was not fortunate enough to pass.

so i came to search what possible interview questions and exam will i encounter when i apply again this time to another call center companies.

there was an exam given through computer, how to deal some angry agents (cannot cope up the stress) towards thier customer. how to deal with upset customer bcus her order did not arrive on time as promised by the cc agent, how deal a situation wherein a customer bought an item yet was not used by the customer if he can return the item…etc. please help me…give me some tipd.

maricor

Call Center Gal / Admin August 19, 2010 at 5:29 am

Hi guys,

Sorry it took me a long time to reply. :)

@Lyle, it is not that call centers are strict in hiring employees, they just want to make sure that an applicant is fit for the call center job, are you now working for one? :)

@chA, thanks for liking my post, I hope you land a call center job soon. :)

@bethsy, yes, it will always be helpful for you to be prepared prior to the interview…please give us an update if you are already working in the call center

@rolly, congratulations (in advance). please share this post with a friend who is also interested to work in a call center

@fits gerald, you’re welcome :)

@gaurav kumar how’s your call center application? :) please always visit my site for more call center tips

@may glad, yes, it always pays good to be humble, polite, articulate and honest especially when you are facing your interviewers in the call center

@jade, you’re welcome, have you recently tried applying in some call centers? How’s the experience?

@john, you’re welcome, let us know when you get that call center job okay?

@jeremaih mallari, you’re welcome :)

@norie, thanks, please come back and check some more call center tips here:)

@maricor, sorry to hear that, anyway, thanks for giving me some suggestion for my next few topics, feel free to go back in the next few days to check the rest of the call center tips that I will share here. :)

Guys, I really appreciate your comments, feel free to subscribe so you can read my updates via email as well. :) Just place your email address on the box, at the blog’s sidebar, part of the top section of my call center blog. :) I promise to keep your email details confidential.

Thanks,
Nhil/ Call Center Gal

joanne dancel January 12, 2011 at 6:14 am

hi? im waiting for an interview in a call center.. i hope this tip could help me to pass,.tnx for some of ur tip,i could help a lot..

james March 1, 2011 at 4:41 am

Guys,

I learned a lot from this posts.. thank you so much.. I will apply it for tomorrow’s job interview.. Thanks and have a good day..!!

James,

joseph March 1, 2011 at 4:42 am

YanDi March 4, 2011 at 4:36 am

Hi Ms.Nhil/Call Center Gal

Thanks for the tip ! I wish I could add you on my FB ^___^

Thanks again ! take care

vickies March 29, 2011 at 11:01 am

i hope one of these days i will become an call center agent!

electricfun_mjj March 30, 2011 at 2:42 am

great! i’m now going to practice and look for a job. tnx! :)

yoshiharu April 5, 2011 at 4:22 am

Gal, are these questions commonly asked in all call centers or is this just a matter of giving advices to those who wish to apply the job?? please do respond.. thank you :)

Call Center Gal April 8, 2011 at 11:13 am

Hi yoshiharu,

Thanks for reading this post. :)

Yes, these are the top call center interview questions that are usually asked in a call center job interview. :) Hope you’ll benefit from these tips. :)

SHAIKH AHMED RAZA April 11, 2011 at 7:57 am

THANK U SO MUCH,UR TIPS HAS HELP ME A LOT ,JUST HOPE THAT ILL GET THE JOB,IN THE END BUT NOT LEAST THANK U VERY MUCH MY FRIEND.

tyson April 12, 2011 at 6:12 am

i have an interview tomorrow, i dont have any idea what their questions are. and how to answer their questions

grace April 30, 2011 at 4:03 am

thank you so much for this is really a big help to us like me who has no experience yet.. nervous comes first,voice trembling,, but at least I’m prepared for a possible question.. tnx!

Jeffrey Banquil May 3, 2011 at 3:19 am

thank you so much for this tips,it bigs help to us like me that have not yet experience in call center…tnx a lot and godbless,more power..

gracie May 5, 2011 at 12:52 am

thanks for this site. i may give those common mistakes, too. it’s not just a help for those who aspire to be a call center agent, but for other professions too. more powers. i hope you can also add a sample resume for an aspirng call center agent.

Brandon May 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm

your website is enlightening.. have an interview next week for a QA position, hope you could post more situational interviews in this site.. Thanks in advance

Ariel May 15, 2011 at 1:29 am

hello gal,

I’m a fresh graduate and i’m applying for a call center agent csr/tsa maybe, my friend said that there are some tricky questions that an interview might to ask. can you give me some information about that and how to answer it? in my conclusion this will test our logical ability? am i right? well heres my example: how can you instruct a 10 years old boy to tie his shoes? thanks for responding… i hope i can get the job…

p.s

this site was great help!

Tana May 21, 2011 at 11:34 am

Thanks for sharing this idea to me as a job finder.This will help me and others to enhance their knowledge in Call Center Company who are in need applicants to suit the following positions.

More power and Thanks for the hint so we can pass CC interviews :)

nhiz May 24, 2011 at 11:01 am

hi!!thanks..now i can use your tip as my guide to my upcoming interview..

sarah May 25, 2011 at 4:25 am

thanks ! you have given me such a great idea on how to be ready in my interview 2 days from now ! GREAT GREAT ! =)

israel fuentes zabayle May 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm

thank you very much for the info,,it is a very big help especially for a beginner like me…pls post more informations and guidelines to help us be more prepared and confident on our application.Godbless us all!!!

jonas May 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm

actually you just have to be prepared in every question that they will throw at you. try to answer it honestly and don’t give them false promises…you should give them concrete and definite answers that will determine your characteristics and that will impose your skills and capabilities required for the job description…..
and last but not the least…. just relax your self and try to feel comfortable during the interview and give it your best…..

jomar June 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

wew!…tnx. for this kind of site, it gives us more tips on how to apply in a call center co. and i hope soon that i’ve already part of that industry…!

tnx.and God Bless:)

xander June 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm

hi.. i just wanted to thank who make this site.. i really learn a lot….

thanks :) and GOd bless

marj June 18, 2011 at 1:23 am

hi this is my first tym to look for your website and yet it is really interesting to all jobseekers like me..i was planning to apply for call center but i always presume i cant pass it,,and that is the problem..wat shud i do?

May C June 27, 2011 at 3:48 am

hello… i learned a lot from your website, through it i learned how important it is to have an advance company research to have the chance of getting the job. thanks!

jeffrey catalan August 11, 2011 at 12:49 am

hi..thanks for the interesting answer,,,u know i got an idea about call center interview,bcoz of this,,my self confidence higher up and my frighten gone.,,,im planning to apply a call center agents but im not a person that a basic in english, so that ill research it if wat i really got to this site…..but thanks very much in ur idea,,and god speed

tin August 17, 2011 at 11:30 pm

thanks’s for providing hints and clues ……this site really helps alot especially for those who look for jobs like me….it serves as a guiding tool for everyone who wants to be a call center agent…….

joyk August 19, 2011 at 4:55 am

thank you guys for sharing your knowledge…like it…god bless

IamChichi September 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Very informative. Keep it up! :)

Sweet October 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Hi Gal,your post is very informative,Im also having a job interview at call center tom,Im looking forward for some referrence and specific answers to the top 10 most frequently ask question in call center interview,for us just to have an idea,I know you always reminding us that we should have answer it by what we really see and feel about what they might have ask

mae roegeleen October 24, 2011 at 6:22 am

Call Center Gal October 29, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Hi Mae.

Thanks for your kind words. Feel free to read more of my call center tips on this blog. And if you can, please share this to those who are also interested to get a job in a call center. :)

jo November 23, 2011 at 6:14 am

what a good hint u’v out layed 2 thumbs up

CHA February 11, 2012 at 1:14 pm

hi. thank you for diz leakage of info.. i was planning to apply in a call center, but i am afraid,coz i think that i can’t answer every questions that might throw @ me,.please help me.. need briefing .. thanks